What? We are learning about what an electorate is.
Why? This will help us understand how our democracy system works.
How? I will be able to record key information as I watch the video and then answer the questions with a partner and post as a quality comment.
Watch the BTN story ‘What is an Electorate?’ and answer the following questions in pairs:
1. At election time, people vote for the ______________ who are running in their________________
2. What is an electorate?
3. How many federal electorates are there in Australia?
4. How many square kilometres does the electorate of Grayndler cover?
5. Which is the largest electorate in Australia? How many square kilometres does it cover?
6. How are electorates worked out?
7. Who are electorates named after?
8. What is a safe seat?
9. Why do politicians spend a lot of time campaigning in marginal seats?
10. What do you understand more clearly since watching the BtN story?