What? We a learning to understand what Democracy is.
Why? This will help us to understand Australia’s form of government.
How? I will be able to show my best efforts at recording key information and answer the questions.
- Before you watch the BtN story, record what you know about democracy.
- What happened in ancient Greece that led to people wanting a say in decision making?
- The word `democracy’ comes from which two words?
- Monarchies became popular in the Middle Ages. Explain what a monarchy is.
- Why was Magna Carta an important document?
- In Australia we have something called a ________________ democracy.
- Who represents us in parliament?
- Give an example of another form of government.
- What do you understand more clearly about democracy?
- What questions do you still have? (How could you find the answers to your questions?)
Take a look at this fun and engaging infographic, The Story of Our Freedom, to get a picture of the origins of democracy and how it has influenced our rights and freedoms today.
Copy and paste the questions into word to answer and then post your completed answers as a comment below.